We offer a broad range of activities and enjoyable past times for residents at Medea Park with the aim of promoting the psychological, social, cultural, emotional, and physical well being of the residents. Residents individual needs are considered with Leisure and Lifestyle staff developing individual activity programs to include large and small group activities, self-initiated activities and continued involvement in community groups. We ensure Residents religious needs are met through a weekly church service and visitation from a range of denominations.
All activities at Medea Park are conducted in a warm and homelike environment.
Activities we currently provide:
· Cooking group
· Indoor Bowls
· Movie day
· Shopping trolley from the supermarket for resident convenience
· Life in rhythm drumming group
· Chair based exercises
· Church service
· Walking group
· Quiz afternoon
· Afternoon tea down town ( Destinations change each month)
· Fishing Trips
· Happy hour
· Concerts and sing alongs
· Montessori activities
· BBQ's and Picnics
· 8 Ball Table available for Residents in the Activity room.
· Bus trips
· Outings for lunch
· Music DVDs
· Football tipping ( During AFL Season)
· Broadband for seniors computers are available for residents use
· Massage therapist
· Pet Visitation
· Residents birthdays are celebrated
· Art & Craft supplies available
· Participation in fund raising activities eg. Australias Biggest Morning Tea
· Residents have the option for daily newspaper delivery (Cost involved)
· Foot spas and massage (Cost involved)
· A monthly concert with Maryanne and the Suncoast Singers
· Raised garden beds in pleasant internal courtyard surroundings.
· Residents can access Daycare at SHDH with transport via our bus.
· Our DVA Residents visit the DVA Information Centre for morning tea once a month and receive weekly visitation from volunteers from the RSL.
· We have a Large 60 inch LED Smart TV with access to WiFi and surround sound system, complete with a large collection of CD's, DVD's and Foxtel.
· Monthly newsletter
· Access to extensive volunteer support and the Red Cross community visitor scheme.
· Medea Park has two large activity rooms equipped with tea and coffee making facilities.
· One on One time with activity staff.
Residents are involved in the ongoing evaluation of our activity program and are encouraged to make suggestions for new activities and destinations for our bus trips during our residents meetings and group discussions at various group activities.
All activities are advertised in our monthly newsletter and on noticeboards throughout the facility.
High care residents are informed of the happenings each day via a whiteboard in the lounge